Apply First Aid (HLTFA311A)
This is a requirement of the NSW Government, affecting all Venues. This course will provide participants with a sound knowledge of Senior First Aid procedures.
Why Should I Attend?
Every staff member of every employer who has committed to OHS in their workplace as every NSW workplace now has a legal responsibility for First Aid provision.
The Practical component of the First Aid course is conducted over one day (8 hours). It is a further requirement that each participant completes the theory component
Some elements covered in this course:
- Assess the Situation
- Apply First Aid Procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate own performance
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Expired Air Resuscitation (EAR)
- Basic Anatomy and function of the human body
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Burns, Fractures, Eye injuries
- Common medical emergencies
- Bites and stings
- Environmental exposure
- Legislative requirements
Download First Aid Workbook