Provide Responsible Gambling Services (RSG) – (RCG – NSW Only) SITHGAM006A
Legislation now requires all people working in gaming areas of hotels and registered clubs to complete an approved seminar in order to continue employment. Persons who propose to work in a Gaming Room must complete the RCG prior to the commencement of employment.
The RCG has been approved by the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority - - and accredited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) meeting the Office of Liquor Gaming and Racings most recent guidelines.
Why Should I Attend?
In NSW the RCG Course is a minimum requirement for all staff who have any Gaming Related Activity. It is vital that all staff understand the requirements of the Gaming Act in order to protect themselves and their employers from liability.
For further information about RCG requirements in other States and Territories please call 1300 20 40 20.
|REAL Hospitality Professionals
The RCG course is a competency based 6-hour program with a Statement of Attainment issued by The Academy and a Certificate by the Independent Liquor & Gaming Authority (ILGA) on successful completion of the course.
Some elements covered in this course:
- Provide Responsible service of Gambling
- Provide Information and assistance to customers about Problem Gambling
- Identify the context of Gambling in NSW
- Indicators and impact of Problem Gambling
- Legislative framework for Responsible Conduct of Gambling
- Responsible Conduct of Gambling Strategies
- Benefits of implementing Responsible Conduct of Gambling practices
- Industry Codes of Conduct
- Minors in hotels and registered clubs
- Compulsory Signage
- Hotel Gaming room Requirements
- The display of Gaming related advertising material
- Counselling, treatment and associated services for problem gambling & Self-Exclusion